In the history department, we aim to stimulate the students interest in, and understanding of, the past. Our aim is to equip every student to comprehend society, culture and politics in all their diversity through using the skills of the historian. By fostering independence of thought it is hoped to encourage appreciation of diversity of opinion, attitudes and values. Students learn to work collaboratively and independently, thus perfecting and developing different techniques, skills, and critical faculties.
We aim to:
- develop the knowledge, understanding, concepts, skills and values that are fundamental to the study of history;
- develop the ability to think independently;
- develop a range of research skills;
- develop pupils’ interest and enthusiasm for the work of the historian and an enjoyment of the study of human activity in the past;
- develop an understanding that historical narratives must be based on evidence and that evidence may be open to different interpretations; and
- develop a commitment to the pursuit of objectivity and fair-mindedness.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes