The AS and A2 level subjects available are:
- Software Systems Development
- Further Mathematics
- Health and Social Care
- Business Studies
- English Literature
- Technology and Design
- Government and Politics*
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Physical Education*
- Media Studies
- Religious Studies
* Collaboration subjects – offered with schools in the East Belfast Area Learning Community
Schemes of Learning
A Scheme of Learning for each subject translates the School Curriculum into the everyday procedures and practices in the classroom. Schemes plan teaching and learning within and across subjects, as well as documenting curricular activities, learning intentions and core assessments. Subject departments will produce a Scheme of Learning for each year group under the direction of the Vice-Principal and will review and update as necessary each academic year.
Pupils are facilitated to work at a level and a pace appropriate to their potential. Pupils are taught in classes grouped by their ability, prior attainment or in groups of mixed ability, if appropriate. Whatever the grouping, a differentiated approach is utilised to ensure that all abilities and interests are taken into account, so enabling all pupils to experience progression and success.
It is envisaged that most pupils will take 4 AS subjects but that some will be advised to only take three based upon their performance at GCSE.
- All pupils follow a non-examination programme of Careers and Physical Education.
- Drama, French, German, Spanish, Media Studies and Physical Education are all examined by AQA.
- Health and Social Care is examined by OCR.
- All other A level subjects are examined by CCEA