Pupils study the core GCSE subjects of English Language, Mathematics, and Religious Studies (Full-course), and take non-examination classes in Physical Education. Most pupils will study English Literature in their English Language class. All elements of Learning for Life and Work will be addressed during the Form Period.
Art & Design
Learning for Life and Work
Single Award Science
Technology & Design
• All courses are externally examined.
• Pupils in Year 11 and 12 follow a Careers Programme.
• Pupils also follow non-examination classes in Physical Education.
• GCSE Dance is offered during non-examination Physical Education classes. Pupils are chosen following a rigorous audition process.
• Mathematics classes will be streamed into four classes on entering Year 11, using the results of the Year 10 examinations in Mathematics. Pupils with greater mathematical ability will be placed in the top class and prepare for Further Mathematics in addition to the more demanding modules in Mathematics.
• GCSE Astronomy is offered as an after school activity.
The Examination Board for the majority of these subjects is CCEA (Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment). Physical Education, Dance and Music are examined by AQA