Remote Learning Year 11:
11D DAS – Chemistry – Dr McBride
All work is accessed through OneNote
Go to Chapter 20 on Chemical Analysis.
- Read pages 152 to 161 on Elements, Compounds and Mixtures and Separating Techniques. Complete all exemplar material and the ‘Now Test Yourself Questions’ throughout these pages.
- Answer Exam Practice Questions 1 to 6 on pages 162 and 163.
- Go to section 08 ‘All Answers’ on OneNote and mark your answers.
Further revision information, questions and answers on all topics can be accessed through Lesson Resources on OneNote:
- Quick Questions
- Topic Questions
- CCEA Fact File
- CCEA Past Paper Questions
Remote Learning Year 12:
Use text books chapters 24 and 28 and 27 to make revision notes on the following topics: –
- Energy changes in Chemistry
Answer the end of chapter questions.
Print out and complete the 2019 chemistry C2 paper and the practical skills paper B on the CCEA website.
Plus continue revision of previous topics covered.
CCEA’s GCSE Double Award Science specification is a broad and coherent course that develops students’ knowledge and understanding of the material, physical and living worlds. It encourages them to have a positive view of science and recognise its importance in our lives.
Students develop their observational and problem-solving skills in the laboratory and during fieldwork. They also enhance their ability to evaluate scientific claims through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Students gain two GCSEs for completing Double Award Science. Practical science is a key part of this revised specification; students carry out 18 prescribed practicals during the course.