We want to stimulate and sustain our pupils’ interest in, and enjoyment of, chemistry.
We aim to:
- encourage an appreciation of the scientific, social, environmental and technological aspects of chemistry;
- encourage an understanding of the historical development of chemistry;
- develop our pupils’ appreciation of scientific method and rational thought;
- develop skills in laboratory procedures and techniques, carried out with due regard for safety, together with the ability to assess the uses and limitations of these procedures; and
- develop skills of observation, analysis, evaluation, communication and problem-solving.