Pupils at Key Stage 3 follow the Revised Curriculum as set out in ‘The Big Picture’, Appendix 1. The curriculum aims to empower young people to achieve their potential and to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their lives. The key objectives are:
• to develop the young person as an individual;
• to develop the young person as a contributor to society; and
• to develop the young person as a contributor to the economy and environment.
These objectives are to be achieved for Learning for Life and Work through Key Elements, infusing cross-curricular skills, thinking skills, and personal capabilities across the Areas of Learning (The Arts, English, Environment and Society, Mathematics, Modern Language, Physical Education, Science and Technology, and Religious Education).
Year 8, 9, 10: The number for each subject represents a twenty minute period
• Pupils in Years 9 and 10 study either German or Spanish as well as French.
• Physics, Chemistry and Biology are taught as separate sciences.[Gallery not found]