Pupils are required as a compulsory minimum to study at GCSE level English, English Literature, Mathematics, a Modern Language, RE and at least one science. All pupils are required to choose a further four option subjects from the list below.[table “8” not found /]
• All courses are externally examined.
• Pupils in Year 11 and 12 study the Learning for Life and Work programme.
• Pupils in Year 11 and 12 follow a Careers Programme.
• Pupils also follow non-examination classes in Physical Education.
• GCSE Dance is offered during non examination Physical Education. Pupils are chosen following a rigorous audition process. Additional Mathematics is only offered to pupils who have a
• GCSE Astronomy is offered as an after school activity
The Examination Board for the majority of these subjects is CCEA (Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment). Physical Education, Dance and Music are examined by AQA[Gallery not found]